Some things to consider based on Discord discussions.
- Find new topics
- Find new resources
- Study plans for jobs
- Filter spam
- Rank resources by difficulty
- Estimate how long it will take to "consume" a resource
Possible places where we could get resources
- Google knowledge graph
- Google custom engine
- Add resources (edit/delete) --> only within a certain time-frame and within permission access
- Add topics (edit/delete) --> only within a certain time-frame and within permission access
- Bookmark resources
- Follow topics
- Add dependencies to topics
- Create study plan
- GDPR (abide by the European GDPR digital privacy law)
- Developer key for API
- Resources feed
- Mod area
- Broadcast messages
- User feedback
- Multiple languages
- Next resource recommendation
- Topic recommendation
Data needed to develop all the things above
- Visited resources/topics: Used for ranking resources or for generating suggestions.
- Saved resources: Save resources for later.
- Upvoted resources: You upvote to say "I went through this resource and I learned something from it". Maybe we can call it something else?
- Followed topics: Used to get new resources for that topic on your feed.
- Reports: Not sure how we'll manage them yet, but ideally there will be a list and mods can go through the reports and check if resources/topics are spam or not.
- Added resources/topics/plans/dependencies
- Nick (registration): We could show the author of resources/study plans, add the possibility to follow a user (get the resources they added on your feed), have leaderboards. All to debate and all in a very distant future.